Health and Safety Policy
GPT Waste Management Ltd is committed to ensure the prevention of accidents and ill health. We do not wish any of our employees or any other person to suffer as the result of our activities or work processes. GPT aims to satisfy or exceed the requirements of health and safety legislation, Codes of Practice, best guidance and work methods available, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, The health and safety policy and manuals we have prepared outline the arrangements we have in place to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of our employees and others affected by our activities.
As part of our Health, Safety and Welfare commitment we will provide, so far as is reasonably practicable:-
- Safe systems of work.
- Safe plant and equipment.
- Continuous education of our employees and, instruction, information and supervision.
- A safe place of work with safe access and egress.
- A safe and healthy environment.
- Adequate welfare facilities.
- Adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- Consultation with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety.
- Safe handling, storage and use of substances.
- Systems to prevent so far as reasonably practicable accidents and cases of work related ill health.
- Regular reviews and revisions to this policy as necessary.
We will also ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the way we carry out our work does not affect the health and safety of persons who are not our employees, for example, visitors and contractors.
It is also recognised that where we produce articles and substances for use at work, or we erect or install any plant or equipment, we have a duty to ensure the health and safety of those who use them and make available all the required information for their health and safety.
We remind our employees of their duty to look after their own health and safety and ensure that others are not put at risk by their acts or omissions. Employees of GPT are duty bound to cooperate with the company and conduct themselves in a manner which will enable GPT to fulfil its statutory duties. We will include the routine communication of this policy and details of our performance to our employees and periodic communication to other stakeholders. Organisational change will be managed to ensure that risks to health and safety are fully considered and assessed.
GPT recognise the risks posed to DSE operators and thus accepts responsibility to provide eye examinations to our DSE Operators at no cost to the employee in accordance with the Display Screen Equipment Regulations 1992.